Enrollment is now open for the pilot phase of NAFOA's Native American Career Success Academy (NACSA), a free online curriculum open to students 18-24 years old. The coursework is designed to help Native American students become financially responsible adults and successful professionals.
Course 1: Personal Finance (Time estimate for completion 3-5 hours)
This course introduces key concepts for financial responsibility, why it is important, and how wise decision-making can positively impact your present and future.
Course 2: Career Preparation. (Time estimate for completion 7-9 hours)
This course will help develop the skills and confidence required to present yourself as a professional at a job/internship and work-related events.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Native Student Academic
American University (AU) is seeking Native American students and recent graduates for a professional development program in Oklahoma in its pilot semester of Spring 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity for participants to gain valuable work experience while being able to stay in their home communities. The program includes:
- A 3-credit online professional development course through AU
- An internship with a government agency, non-profit organization, or other entity
- FREE tuition and stipend (upon successful completion of the internship)
Interns need to be enrolled members of a tribe, and either current students or recent graduates who are available four days per week for their internship and have their own housing and transportation. AU's WINS Alumni are strongly encouraged to apply!
Please encourage your motivated college bound high school Native seniors to contact Aaron Poor Bear firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-677-7935 for additional information and/or a student application for the 2017 Summer Program at Crazy Horse (8-weeks). This is a great opportunity for your seniors to continue and/or to jump start their college experience. Participants will:
- Earn 12-14 USD credits that should transfer to their college of choice in the fall: College Algebra, English Composition, Psychology, Speech, etc.
- Work a credit-bearing paid internship - @24 per week at $9.00 per hour
- Meet weekly with an advisor to get "ducks in a row" for the fall
- Receive a $500 National Jump Start Stipend.
- Earn a $400 Incentive Grant
- Learn and practice college success strategies
- Earn an annual USD Housing Scholarship (USD bound only)
- Engage in cultural-educational activities unique to the Black Hills and to Crazy Horse
- Receive post-summer tracking and follow-up.
- Become eligible for a 2nd Year Upper Level Program
If you and/or your seniors have questions, please ask.
Professor Charlie Luecke
Summer Program at Crazy Horse